Sunday, December 9, 2007

Wasted Sunday...

What a slow wasted Sunday. I don't know why I had this urge to try and make a little facelift for the blog. I guess I was just too free. In fact I was finding ways to custom edit the stuffs on the blog. Sadly from the looks of what was behind all this got me a big headache. I officially declare myself hating widgets. I don't understand why they call this "easy" compared to plain old coding. I felt restrained. And I don't like it.


After wasting a couple of hours of trying to read up on widgets, I failed to do any scratch to the blog and finally gave up and find alternatives. It seems most blogging sites don't offer the freedom to manipulate the codes behind the blogs. There are some that just let you manipulate themes and nothing more. Wordpress seems nice but then again if I were to use Wordpress source codes I need my own hosting... I don't think I am that serious yet. Honestly the matter drove me nutz the whole day. And finally I ended up reading some tutorials in doing blog from scratch. A simple one in fact that didn't need coding at all. I know I know... I need hosting for this as well but then I wouldn't say I wanna use it anyways. I guess I just want to feel a certain sense of making my wasted couple of hours worth while. Didn't finish it though. Very long instructions. Oh well...


After all these things, again I found constradictions in myself. I would picture myself as someone who likes routines, I like to be told what to do exactly and rather do the doing part rather than the thinking part. A pawn you might say. But then again when it comes to situation like this, I felt restrained. Unable to change this and that according to my will. Am I a Pawn or am I a King? Though the DIY blog was simple and with the mere use of Apache Server-PHP-MySQL package installer and Macromedia Dreamweaver I was able to simply create one without any effort at all ... except for the reading and finding the correct button part. Then again I felt very irritated but the excessive amount of useless codes behind the blog. You see when you create a project with templates and stuff in Dreamweaver they seem to have a standard that it needs to follow thus creating certain files that are not needed at all. All in all it's messy and full of redundant parts. I wish I could have the patience to explore more and make a completely fully-handcoded one. That would satisfy me.


I guess I won't be giving my blog a facelift after all. Just too troublesome. Unless someone is gonna teach me how, I don't think I can work around with the stupid widgets. Up next, whacky cartoons. Yes yes I am starting to feel like those say-alot-do-very-little people. Hah... I notice that. But what to do? I am a person who easily get bored.

No comments: