Monday, December 3, 2007

Memories of School...

There seem to be a lot of stuff in my mind just now but now I can't think of any. Funny... feels like my mind is making me look like a fool or something. Oh yeah, went dinner just now at the new place. There is this set of buildings that had this "Coming Soon" sign since for ages, a year or two before my graduation it was already there. So roughly a couple of years already and it wasn't open until a couple months ago. Decided to look around there. Found out there is a Max Kitchen there. Surprised by it. Judging from the lettering and stuff it looks like the same Max Kitchen I keep encountering in food blogs everywhere. Suppose to be pretty good. Then again it's not my kinda place. Probably once every year or something I MIGHT go to that kind of place but then... too modern-adult-ish place. Bleh.


I guess it's a good time to recall my past again. School, looking through my nephew's homework given by the kindergarten teacher kinda reminds me of the time when I was in kindergarten. Seriously, the level is so so much different compared to my time. They are doing subtraction, addition, counting up to high numbers, English, Malay, Chinese languages, Science! and a lot more. All I ever remember about my kindergarten is my nice Indian teacher. Wonder if she is still around. Should be pretty old by now. She used to sit at the desk, taking tonnes and tonnes of paper and stamping cute figures on the paper and letting us color them. Yup, that's seriously the only thing I remembered about kindergarten... coloring stamped figures. I do remember counting and ABC and stuff but not that advance compared to my nephew's.


I had friends there surprisingly. But then again mixing with them were practically just left at school/kindergarten. Anything after school usually relates to my family or study. I don't mix much outside of school. Probably cause I never really ride my bike around like I am suppose to. Probably I was already slowly developing my anti-social attitude without me realizing it.


I remember my dad used to be very furious that I refused to greet people and say thank you. Hah. I am OK with my friends and classmates. They are nice and surprisingly we mixed a lot and we didn't bother who is Chinese who is Indian or who is Malay (although I recall mixing a lot of Malays during my secondary school since most Chinese at that time were from Chinese school and I can't speak mandarin at all *ahem*). But right as the school bell rings every ties I have just breaks and I am back at home, doing my work, watching my TV, kitchen with mom, gardening with mom, jogging with dad, whacked by dad (LOL), etc.


I have to admit school times were great. Though I wish I was more active though. A little regret. Could have gone to more camps during my primary school Scout's activities. Could have gone to more tournaments during my secondary school Taekwondo years. But all have passed and I don't think I should regret too much about it. I missed the competitive nature of school at that time. Not to say I am smart or anything *ahem* I guess I was kinda "forced" to be smart by my parents. Hahaha. And not to mention my school rivals. Ughhh... always fighting over who is top student in the class Hahaha.


There is only a few very tough challengers around. I remember during my primary school there were like 2 - 3 girls and 2 - 3 guys. So basically we fight around for higher grades. Hmmm... why do I sound like a nerd hahaha. But it was fun, the joy of bringing back my report card to show my results and not have to "fixed" them *ahem* hahaha. I admit I did it once. That's all.


I remember I failed once. My history test. I am pretty sure I pass the rest if not A's and B's *bragging* hahaah. But I can slowly see my mind is deteriorating or something. Primary school I was excellent, secondary school my parents start giving me the "At least you got a B" talks and in University I get the "At least you passed" talks. It's not something to be proud of. I wish I could have done better. Makes me feel like the black sheep of the family. My brother and sister were good during they later years but I am the only one who deteriorate. Study too much maybe?


I am sure it's not that since I only study like an hour a day. Then later on if I am not mistaken 2 hours... at most. I can't study very long. Lack of attention. I will start looking under my table, sharpen my pencil, drink water, bla bla bla. But I guess that helped a lot somehow. Wish I could have done better especially during my University years. Life full of regrets. Hahaha no fun at all.

No comments: