Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Holiday... Not... Kinda

Well I am back from my four days holiday. Sad thing is my leave haven't cleared till now. Oh well it doesn't seem to be my problem now since my leave was neither approved nor rejected. I am guessing the guy who is suppose to approve my one teeny tiny day of leave had not been around since Hari Raya Haji. So basically there weren't much I can do. I had to buy tickets and whether he rejected that leave or not I have actually already taken it. Too bad for the guy. Not really sure what happened to the guy though. Before the holiday I heard one of my colleague asking the admin people about how was he or something. Not sure. Didn't bother with other people's problem.


My four days were OK I guess. Started with a whole half an hour or more of sunbathing... in the bus when the Penang Bridge was in a heavy jam. Cars were piling up a couple of miles back from the toll booth. Thank God for godly bus driver, we managed to get through pretty fast after that.


Got to see my nephew and my parents. Somehow my nephew got pretty excited over a Rubik's cube I brought home. He don't know how to solve it but then again he is pretty amazed and announced it's his. Of course I am not giving him that. I just let him play with it. According to my parents, he is starting primary school like in a week or two. Good luck to him. He is gonna need it. Though I feel that he is a bit not ready for that. Oh well, we'll see.


Had a pretty relaxing days at home. Went for church on Sunday with my parents. The church seems to celebrate two occasion. The Sunday before Christmas and also on Christmas day itself. So there are two service that is pretty important I guess. Ate a lot during the 3 days I was there. Had fun.


Finally the big incident happened on if I am not mistaken, Monday. Basically my house have been having lots of power disturbance like lights flickering as though there is not enough voltage. If I am right on Sunday when my mom switched on the fan, there was this terrible burnt smell of plastic or something rubber. Quickly we offed everything and try to pinpoint the smell. Seemed to be coming from the switches. On the next day when we came back I noticed a red/orange colour light coming from the main fuse beside the meter. I thought "Hmm I never notice that light before. Maybe it's suppose to show that there is voltage or something" and never really took notice of it.


Until my dad notice it and said that it was not suppose to be lit. And instantly my dad went and meddle with it and the so-called "light" came off and dropped on the floor. Turns out it's not a light or LED but rather it was heated wire. The wire was not fixed properly that there might be possible sparks generating between the wire and the place its suppose to be tightly connected to. So much sparks that the wire heated up to a red and amber colour. Meaning it was pretty hot that the wire actually melted when my dad meddle around with it. So we called the TNB people and got them to fix it. So far everything seems fine.


Super dangerous if you would imagine a family going out of town for a couple of days with this condition. The whole place would have burnt down or something. If I am not mistaken if it's heated more and more maybe the rubber coating or plastic cover or anything flammable might catch on fire. Seriously dangerous.


Holiday officially ended today. I sat on an early morning bus back to KL. Slept most of the way back. Pretty good sleep I guess since I stayed up quite late watching TV. I don't get the previlage to watch TV when I am here. So yeah it was worth it. More to write but this is getting too long.

No comments: