Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Holiday...

Having alternate working day and holiday seems so nice. After working for a day on Monday, today is a public holiday in Selangor. For some reason I felt that I am pretty productive today. Wow... me... productive. Doesn't sound right.


After getting a call yesterday from my old company asking me where should they mail my pay slips, I finally checked my account today and found out that my last pay check has been banked in. I guess that will help me a little with my expenditure this month.


Kinda felt weird waking up late this morning. But after getting up and stoning for a couple of hours, I finally decided to polish up the artistic part of me. For the past couple of weeks, my general art interest have been leaning towards whacky, crazy, funny comics. Generally, something like what you see on Sunday newspaper everyweek.


I have never done warmups before I draw. So basically I did some today by doodling and copying simple stick figures with action and basic shapes of cartoons and to my amazement it kinda helped me go through what I wanted to do today.


I wish I had a tablet or a scanner though. I think it would have made my life a little easier. After getting some general sketches of what I wanted, I straight away drew them in Photoshop. A big thick and jagged though. If I had a tablet I think the lines would have been much smoother. All and all it was successful and I have practically colored probably halfway through. Took me around a couple of hours from start to end. Had to stop when my brain stop working from lack of food in my stomach.


Oh well pretty happy about today. Sigh, I guess back to work tomorrow. Not so happy about that. Wish it was already next week. Then I can go on a holiday again.

No comments: