Friday, December 7, 2007

Memories of P.E.

Ahhh what a busy week (not) I didn't get to even write anything. I guess there is no hurry since no one is reading this anyways. Hah. Anyways, little update doesn't hurt. Work is moderately busy, been sick for the past couple of days. Been having dry cough and phlegm. I can actually cough till my phlegm is brown colored showing that my throat is tearing apart from all the coughing. Most probably an infection in the throat like last time too. Who knows? Since I didn't actually go to a doctor in the end. But after two or three days of superbly early and long bedtime, it subsided and now I only cough once in a while. Goodie.


I am trying to keep all my post short but somehow after finish writing something there always seem to be something more to write. No my dear that is not passion of writing so don't give me that reason hah. I guess there is just so much in my mind lately. Every little detail leads to another new thing and the new thing seems to lead to another new thing and the next thing you know it's almost a whole chapter.


Anyways I was washing my laundry just now and I suddenly recalled my schooling time during the P.E. periods. For someone who don't do sports that much (at all currently!) I am pretty surprised I kinda missed it, especially during my secondary school times. I remembered that we had two P.E. teachers who took turned to torture take care of us. If I remember correctly one of them was the coach for the state or national football team. Don't remember which. But yeah...


The only thing in the mind of the whole bunch of us all the time when it's time for P.E. is football. I don't know why but that was always in the mind. The moment we reached the field, those who are really very serious about it will actually straight go to the store and get all the footballs out. And like every rash attempts, we end up being scolded cause according to the teacher we AREN'T playing football that day. LOL.


I still remember all the torturous interesting activities we get to do during P.E. One of it is running. Yes plain old running. Because the school is in a plot of land surrounded by roads on all four sides, we were fortunate enough to have walkway at the side. It's also used for Taekwondo grading test, but that's another story. Anyways there was this one day the teacher said run one lap around the school and we get to play football. Everyone's eyes shone with enthusiasm and when the whistle was blown everyone ran like a mad dog and finish it pretty fast if I remembered. Everyone was huffing and puffing. Then the teacher said "Good, now this time run under 15minutes" and blew the whistle. I still can remember the shocked face in all of us.


Besides football, there were quite a few sports that the teacher always like to torture us with... cause it's his favorites. One was rugby and another was volleyball. Yes for someone like me I actually played both of it as well. Rugby of course we didn't go and tackle the living shit out of our friends but a mere touch rugby, meaning if you touch the guy holding the ball the guy have to pass it. That's the basic idea. Pretty interesting.


Next come his I suppose personal favorite, Volleyball. I got beaten in the hand before when I was playing this hahaha. With a stick. On my arm. We were learning to do a forearm pass or bump or dig or whatever it was called. So basically we always come into contact with the ball at the wrong position of the hand and he will get a stick and hit us (not hard by the way) on our forearm and tell us "You see this red spot? That is where you are suppose to hit the ball with". Ouch.


OK I promise this is the last paragraph. Besides this we actually have "unofficial games" that we play during our Moral Studies. Yes we play around during a couple of the Moral Study sessions cause the teachers are too busy. I won't explain all cause that is another post. But one of it is something like futsal. But we played it with either a tennis ball or a fruit which translated from hokkien is called "Rat Fruit". Its a smooth on the outside but fibrous on the inside fruit that supposedly if you cut in half and put in your house it can chase away rats. Never tried before. But the trees are around the school so we got a good supply of it. And I remember they.... yes I don't join them in this kind of stuff. Too risky for my reputation at school. That's another story. Anyways I remember they always get caught by the ferocious Math teacher who will check their backs, if they are sweating like pigs, confirmed that they were actually playing in the hall and will smack them with a textbook on their backs and ask them to stay outside till they are dry hahaha. Ahh those were the days.

No comments: