Friday, September 28, 2007

Heroes and Life

I've been writing down ideas on what to write lately whenever I get the chance to cause I am not much of a writer on the contrary of someone might think. I mean like after writing like a shit load of stuff and rereading it later, it just seems so corny sometimes and meaningless. No matter what I want to write at that particular moment and practically saving up some notes of it, it just doesn't give the same feeling and point of view when I write it later. I guess the value and the level of meaning just peaks at the moment I thought of it and later on just loses all its meanings afterwards. But notes still help in a way I guess. Better than a shit load of meaningless paragraphs of nonsense and gibberish. I've been known for not being a good writer since back in school HEH.


Finally I finished Heroes Season 1 yesterday. I guess it was pretty good. I might even try to get the comic collection if I have the time. What really interest me in the show are practically the reoccurring elements without even giving a hint of how they might be related to the main story itself. For example the weird symbols on the body of those with special abilities (the so-called helix and two parallel lines), the eclipse and also the cockroach (yes you heard me right, check the show again it appears a lot.


More importantly the show has made me think a lot about the real life (yes I think a lot thank you). Though we all might not have super powers and special abilities like those in Heroes, we are alike in some points. We being so obsessed with doing what is best and what we think is right for us and the world itself. Plainly, we are trying to be heroes. Of course this always leads to my favorite question “What is right and what is wrong in this world?”. Is what we do really is for the best of the world, the people around us and ourselves or is it just something that appeal to the majority of the population? For me I think it’s the latter. There really isn't a right or wrong in this world. There is no good and bad in this world. There is just a plain shade of grey something everyone hopefully or majority at least would agree to.


Occasionally what we think is right might not appeal to the majority. This makes it wrong in a sense. People will never notice what they have done is wrong. Even after the damage is done they still insist that they did right, which kind of sickens me at times. Always trying to cushion the blow just by denying that they are wrong. It happens a lot in my life and frankly I am not really bothered about it anymore. I mean I really stepped up and like point it when I get hurt once in a while. But I usually know where this leads to. It always leads back to me. For some reason it’s never their fault. I still remember there was this time when I missed out on an outing and you know I just mention I wasn’t invited. I can’t believe the response would be it was my fault because I didn’t call up to ask. I mean can you believe that? I mean how am I supposed to know when these things going take place? I don’t read mind… sheesh. Anyways back to the point, yeah there is no right or wrong, in fact I feel that I wouldn’t blame past dictators on what they did during war and what not simply because they did what they had to do at the time. Though I might disagree with the cruel methods still.


I picked this from the manga Shin Angyo Onshi. There is this character, I suppose the main villain of the story, he said:

"Did you know?
It is said that, at the beginning of the world, Good and Evil were two parts of the same body.
Like the front and back of a folded piece of paper.
Men decided on the color of the paper.
At first, all things were colorless awaiting the imprint of humanity.
Black and white... was added to the paper by men themselves.
Men are full of contradictions... Men are extremely fragile...
Nonetheless, they were the ones to decide good or evil...
To the eyes of Heaven... this world is probably no more than a folded piece of paper."

Kind of ring some truth to my point. I don’t really expect people to know what they do is right or wrong. A few seconds more of thoughts about the results of their doings might make a difference between right and wrong sometimes. It’s always good to think of possible results. I know all people are selfish in nature. I mean who isn’t? Name me one. Everyone did something because they themselves wanted to right?

No comments: