Monday, November 19, 2007

Work - Day 2

Everything seems to be fine. Even though I had some problem sleeping the night before I manage to wake up feeling fresh after a cup of coffee. I manage to get ready and reach there early in the morning and got my ancient PC to start and get ready to face what is to come today.


In the beginning I really wished that I didn't have anything to do today since I am pretty much not in the mood to do anything and preferred to waste my time doing nothing and reading newspaper and chatting the whole day. Yes that was my intention. But then again I don't know why but I got this feeling that people there aren't going to let me go so easily. So around 9am as expected, a colleague drop by my workplace and told me that there is going to be a meeting later on and he might want me to join in and probably assign me something to do.


No problem with me actually. I was pretty pumped, nervous and well I had mixed feeling but doing something is better than doing nothing so I guess I was pretty happy about it. So the meeting started and everything was fine. Discussing about project progress and stuff. Though I think I didn't understand most of the stuff that they said. After it ended immediately I was assigned to do some easy task (I think). Just as I was about to start, another colleague came. Now this lady is the person was my supervisor when I was doing my internship. Anyhow, she also want me to help her out with some stuff. So basically they just agree that I help her since her project is due today.


Task was pretty simple, just rename some variables in a source code and edit some stuff regarding the color theme and do some testing to see whether the pages worked. Now the first two stuff was easy. Took me a while to get use to the code and also the stupid PC but then I manage to go through it smoothly after that. Then came the testing which kind of pissed me off cause I think that is what took me so long that I actually went back more than an hour later than I am suppose to.


This is not my codes and I am not complaining or anything but seriously it was darn messy and I find it pretty hard to track down the problems. God knows how many times I went back to her for confirmation on certain issues with the code. Secondly, I have to say I am not familiar with it, I just jumped on it today and it's hard to understand how everything worked and so on. All and all it became tiring and frustrating in the end. Most of the problem I had was pretty stupid and could have been avoided if they would stop freaking copy-paste every living crap out of examples and stuff. Everything was not in-order and the indentations were horribly done. But since it's my job I just suck it up and did it.


Was having problems with some variable that just didn't want to get a value. In fact I didn't even know where the variable came from. But I guess you can say it was a miracle, at the very end I manage to find the dumb problem in the code and manage to pass the value onwards. I feel so geeky talking like this. This will be the last I guess. Wish I could come back early just now to do some laundry. Sigh. I guess I have to wait till tomorrow then. Oh yeah and I am proud to say I spend less than RM10 today.

No comments: